I hosted a classy dinner party this year, and what better way to start than with a classic black and white invite? I absolutely love these ornaments, and the delicate little snowflakes.
I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…
Snowy white, this precious feather tree was a pretty addition to our miniature Christmas forest. I’ve been loving how beautiful this little tree is and think it would be perfect for any festive occasion, don’t you agree?
BundleAndBatch Please enjoy 10% off your purchase from Bundle + Batch now though January 31st! Use the coupon code TOENTERTAIN when checking out =)
The First Noel the angels did say…
This lovely hand-written picture was created by MoonShadowPress. I love how it’s like a smudge-proof chalkboard. In fact, I wouldn’t mind having this up year ’round! 🙂
Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing, Ring ting tingle-ing too…
Though I didn’t get a chance to photograph it before we dug in, one of the guests brought this amazing salad only made better by the amazing dressing! It was delicious, click on the photo for the recipe >>
We also enjoyed a couple of light cocktails, and dined on honey-baked ham and sweet chocolate peppermint pie!
The pie was made with only these few easy ingredients :
- 1 (12 oz) bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 (14 oz) can Light Coconut Milk
- Melt chocolate on stovetop or in microwave. (Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second increments, stirring well in between until completely smooth and melted. Do not scorch.)
- Pour coconut milk into a blender and add melted chocolate. Immediately, blend until completely smooth (about 20-30 seconds).
- Pour filling into crust and chill for 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
If so desired add a few drops of peppermint extract for a delicious holiday dessert.
That’s it =)
I hope you have a happy New Year!
A couple Christmas crafts from years gone by…
To create this classy miniature forest I rolled stiff packing paper into various sized cones, painted two with a rusty gold, and, after peeling the scales from large pine cones, attached them with a hot glue gun, starting from the bottom and moving up. The white fir trees are made with soft fuzzy yarn from a craft store, using a paintbrush and Mod Podge. I slowly worked my way upwards layering the soft yarn… I then used a small piece of wire, added beads onto it, looped it, and pushed it through the top of the cone for the finishing touch!
After printing sheets of vintage Christmas carol tunes and lyrics I went to work tearing them into thin strips and, using our trusty Mod Podge and paint brush, glued them onto large ornaments, covering the entire project with a thin layer of glue and sprinkling glitter on them to add a touch of festive charm.
If you look closely this year you’ll see I even added our names and the date as a fun heirloom to keep for the years to come =)
Reflections of a Christmas Soirée
Last year I hosted an intimate family dinner party complete with deep-fried appetizers, sparkling fruit drinks and a white elephant gift exchange.
The highlight of the evening was most definitely the adorable chalkboard wine charms by CharlieChalkDesigns. Selfies taken by glamorous cousins graced Instagram and Pinterest.
Evergreen tree lit with memories and DIY Ornaments from years gone by.
A touch of etiquette that I would like to adopt in the coming year is the giving of a gift for the hostess. Knowing how much work goes into making a memorable event for everyone makes even the smallest token of appreciation a generous way of letting those you love know how much they are appreciated. CharlieChalkDesigns graciously gave us this beautiful wooden “joy” ornament that will be treasured throughout the years to come.
We hope you had a Very Merry Christmas!
We celebrated this most festive time of the year with an intimate family dinner.
The decorative highlights of the evening were undoubtedly the personalized chalkboard wine charms, provided by CharlieChalkDesigns.
Pattie, at Charlie Chalk Designs, included a thoughtful, personalized hostess gift for our holiday celebration (picture below), and we are so appreciative of her consideration. Our New Year’s resolution is to adopt such classy etiquette ourselves in this coming year!
We’re very excited about this coming year of joy-filled events and creative party designs. We look forward to sharing every awe-inspired detail with our followers so stay tuned.
We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and we wish you all a Happy New Year!
100 Simple Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Neighbors, Friends and Co-Workers
( from Pinterest )
- M&M’s – “ Have a Merry and Most Wonderful Christmas Season!”
- Soup or Soup Mix – “Wishing you a “Souper” Christmas Season!”
- Frozen or Ready to Bake Pizza – “Warm up to a wonderful Christmas Season Topped with Christmas Cheer!”
- Apples and Hershey’s Hugs – “A teacher can’t live by apples alone…She needs “hugs” too!!”
- Popcorn Balls – “Hoping you have a “Ball” this Christmas Season!”
- Loaf of Bread – “For being there when you were “Kneaded”, for “Rising” to the occasion, large or small. For never “Loafing” on the job, for helping others to “heel” with TLX. No matter how you “Slice It”, you do a terrific job loving others. Merry Christmas!!!”
- Jolly Ranchers – “Have a Holy “Jolly” Christmas!!!”
- Rootbeer – “We’re “ROOT”ing for you to have a Happy Christmas Season and a Wonderful New Year!!!
- Rootbeer/Wire Wisk filled with Chocolate Kisses – We Wisk you a Merry Kiss mas and a Happy Root Beer!”
- Chex Party Mix – “Remember Santa “Chex” his list twice to see who’s been naughty or nice…so be good for goodness sake !!! Merry Christmas!”
- Wire Wisk –(filled with Chocolate kisses) “We Wisk you a Merry Kiss mas!!!”
- Jar of Jelly – “Jelly is like love, you can’t spread it around without getting some on yourself!” Merry Christmas!
- Christmas Tray – “We “Tray”sure your friendship? Merry Christmas!!”
- Bell – “With each chime of this festive bell, may a Christmas wish come true and bring you peach and happiness to last the whole year through!” Merry Christmas!
- Yule Log – We send you warm greetings this Christmas Season!!”
- Potpourri – “May this sweet scent bring back thoughts of warm Christmases long ago!” Merry Christmas!
- Cleaner – “You add sparkle and make our life brighter!” Merry Christmas!
- Box of Hostess Ho–Ho’s – Hope a Merry “HO-HO-HO” fills your heart the whole year through!, put a Santa sticker on the label.
- Nuts – “We’re nuts about you?” Merry Christmas!
- Lifesavers – “you’ve been a life saver!” Have a great Christmas!
- Broom – You’re “Dust” the finest neighbors we know! Merry Christmas!
- Paper Towel – “Blot out your troubles; absorb the Christmas Spirit!
- Glass Measure Cup – “Wishing you Joy Beyond Measure!”
- Bananas – “If we could choose our friends, and we searched the whole world through, we’d go bananas trying to find a better bunch than you!”
- Any Star ornament – “Remember the reason for the season!”
- Chocolate Mousse Mix with a toy or ornament reindeer – “Merry Christmousse” to our “Deer” friends!”
- Wooden Spoon – Whether stirring up cakes, cookies, soups or soufflés; You’ll find this spoon useful in so many ways. But whatever it’s use, it says, “Merry , Merry Christmas from us to you!”
- Flower/Plant – If friends were flowers, we’d pick you! Merry Christmas!
- Flower/Plant – You make friendship bloom all year round!
- Heart Christmas Ornament – “May the Joy and Love you give away, come back to you on Christmas day!
- Cinnamon Sprinkles or Cookie Sprinkles – “May your Christmas be sprinkled with love and laughter!” Merry Christmas!
- Hershey’s Hugs – “ A friend always knows when you need a little hug!”
- Christmas Music CD – “May the sweet song of Christmas make your heart rejoice!”
- Christmas Music CD – “May the merry sounds of Christmas bring a Joyful melody to your Christmas season!”
- Filled Basket – “Wishing you a basket full of Christmas blessings!”
- Salsa – “Add a little spice to your Christmas celebrating this year! Merry Christmas!
- Stocking or filled Jar – “Have a fun filled Christmas this year! (what if they were filled with ideas of things to do during the school break!)
- Little Stuffed Lamb – “Have “eweself” a Merry little Christmas!!”
- Candle – “May your days be happy, your heart be light, your Christmas merry and the New Year Bright!!”
- Holly – “Happy Holly days!”
- Calendar – “Keep Christmas in your heart the whole year through!”
- Shaped Sugar Cookies – “Rolling out a batch of Christmas Cheer, for someone we think is very dear!
- Cherry 7-up – “Just a little Christmas cheer from happy hearts this time of year! Merry Christmas!
- Sparkling Cider – “Wishing you a Sparkling Christmas Season!”
- Warm Casserole or Bread – “Bundled up with warm wishes during this Christmas season!
- Popcorn or Carmel Corn – “Just “Popping” by with a Christmas Hi!”
- Seasoning Mix – “Seasoned with Love” Merry Christmas!
- Eggbeater – “Have an Eggstra “ Special Christmas!
- Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses – “Christmas Hugs and Kisses to You!”
- Fruit Basket – “May your New Year be Festive and Fruitful!!!”
- Any Sweet Treat – “Wishing you a season filled with sweetness!”
- Oranges– “Orange” you glad we’re friends? I am! Merry Christmas!!!
- Chocolate Orange – “Orange” you glad it’s Christmas? Hope your Christmas is a sweet one!
- Sprite – “May your Christmas be Merry and Sprite!”
- Mints – “Friends like you are worth a mint!!!” Merry Christmas!
- Matches – “No one Matches you as neighbors!” Merry Christmas!
- Bubble Gum or Bubble Bath – “May your Christmas “Bubble” over with fun!!!
- Pencil and note pad – “Merry Christmas from our pad to yours!!!”
- Jar of Pickles – “Just in brine, our wish for a merry Christmas!”
- Grater and Cheese – “To a Grate Neighbor! Merry Christmas!
- Ice Cream – “Have a “cool” Yule!!!”
- Bear Shaped Honey – “Have a Beary Sweet Christmas!
- Gingerbread House – “Nibble, Nibble like a mouse, WE hope you’ll nibble at this house!” Merry Christmas!
- Mugs with Hot Chocolate Mix – To our special friends who are so dear, we wish you all a cup of cheer!
- Cocoa Mix – “Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas!”
- Christmas Shaped Pasta or any pasta and a jar of sauce – “Have a Pasta-tively Merry Christmas!
- Homemade Caramels – “Hoping you have a “rich” and “wonderful” Christmas!
- Rice Krispie Treats – “Snap, Crackle, Pop” We think you are really tops!”
- Cheese Ball and Crackers – “We don’t mean to sound “Cheesey”, we just hope you have a Ball this Christmas Season! OR “Spread a little Christmas Cheer this season!”
- Banana Bread – Banana Bread just for you, because you have so much to do…We also love you a whole “Bunch” too! Merry Christmas!
- Cinnamon Rolls – “Here’s a sweet treat “rolled” up with warm Christmas Wishes!
- Cake or Cupcakes – “You take the “Cake” neighbor, We think your’e first rate! Merry Christmas!
- Cornbread or Cornbread Mix – “We’re not trying to be “Corny” we just want you to have a Merry Christmas!
- Carrot Cake – “We really do “carrot” a lot about you! Merry Christmas!
- Homemade Ice Cream or a Frozen Treat – “Here’s the Scoop, Hoping your Christmas is a “blizzard” of fun!
- Recipe – “Just like you friend…it’s tried and true, just for you! Merry Christmas Baking!
- Pizza Or Pizza fixins – Hope your Christmas has a touch of “Pizza-z!!” Merry Christmas!
- Candle – “You light up my life!” Thanks for your friendship! May your Christmas be Merry and Bright!”
- Crayons and Coloring Book – Hope your Christmas is colorful!
- Plant- The kindness you show makes our friendship grow and grow! Merry Christmas!
- Soda Pop – “We’d “Soda” like to wish you a Merry Christmas!”
- Donuts – “Donut” you know we love you??? Merry Christmas!
- Set of measuring spoons and cups – Wishing you joy beyond “measure” this Christmas Season!
- Big Candy bar or Candy Cane – “enormous” Christmas wishes to you!
- Christmas Cookie Cutter – “Cutting” out a perfect Christmas wish for you!
- Starbursts – We are “bursting” with wishes for you to have a “starry” bright Christmas!
- Bounty Paper Towels– This season may the “absorbing” spirit of Christ “blot” out your problems, “soak up” your sorrows, and “wipe” away your difficulties and may the new year bring you “bounteous” blessings all the year through!
- Pancake Mix and syrup – We’re “pouring out” Christmas wishes and hoping you have a Christmas to “flip over!
- Soup Mix – We wish you a wonderful Christmas “simmering” gently with love!
- Bean soup mix – You’ve “bean” such good neighbors!
- Fritos Scoops and bean dip – Here is the “scoop” for “bean” so nice. “Dip into fun this Christmas season!
- Snowman Soup– hot chocolate with candy cane attached: We’ve been told you’ve been really good this year, Always glad to hear it! With cold weather drawing near, You’ll need to warm the Spirit. So here’s a little snowman Soup, Complete with stirring stick. Add hot water, sip it slow, It’s sure to do the trick!
- Homemade Frozen Rolls – “Here’s a little Christmas treat. Rise and bake, it can’t be beat! Warm fresh rolls just for you. Top with butter that’s all you do! Warm Christmas Greetings to you and your family!
- Pie – “Just a Holiday Hi” and a tasty Pie!!! Merry Christmas!
- Divinity – “May your Christmas be “Divine and your holiday so fine! A Sweet Merry Christmas to you!
- Toffee or Brittle – “Any way you break it, we think you’re the greatest!” Merry Christmas!
- Fudge – “Fudge” a little on the calories and enjoy the Christmas season!
- Cookie Dough – Here’s a little extra “dough” for Christmas!
- Cookie Dough – Everyone needs a little extra “dough” for Christmas!
- Jar of Jam– Have a “berry” nice Christmas season!