4th of July Summer PartyPosted: July 2, 2014
“Summer Breeze makes me feel fine”
What makes us feel fine? Well, for a hot and sunny 4th of July celebration it’s the cool mist of a water park enjoyed by little children, the great company of friends, and some delicious homemade treats!
– Watermelon Popsicles: Blended frozen watermelon. That’s it!
– Coconut Popsicles: 1/2 can of coconut milk, coconut flakes, milk (I used vanilla flavored soy), and sugar (optional), and freeze.
– Tilting Jello Cups: I used the “quick set” method, so the jello wasn’t too hot for the cups. I balanced them in a tupperware container (propped up by the empty jello box and each other) refrigerated, and then added some homemade coconut whipped cream and blueberries.
– Coconut whipped cream: I wish I had read the recipes BEFORE opening my can of coconut milk! It turns out refrigerating the can for several hours to separate the cream from the water is important in getting the right consistency. You can find the recipes I would suggest using by clicking on our photos which will take you to our 4th of July Pinterest page.
– Patriotic Red White & Blue Strawberries: White chocolate and blue sprinkles! The photo will take you to Pinterest as well.
– Blueberry water: I dropped some frozen blueberries in an ice tray, added water and froze. My daughter was entertained for quite a while waiting for the ice to melt so she could eat the blueberries… =)
Fun, Fresh and Nautical. Being fashionable doesn’t need limits! We took the extra step and switched out our iPhone cases for some summer swag. Phonecasedziners provided these pretty blue designs, which seem to say “keep it cool this summer!”
Nothing is cuter than dressing up a little angel in festive red, white and blue. We shared this sweet headband with some little friends too! Now all the mamas have some fun 4th of July memories to keep 🙂 BabyliciousDivas has so many adorable designs at such reasonable prices – be sure to stop on by and get one for your little angel before the summer is over!
These fabulous fluttering butterflies created by Needlejob drew a lot of attention at the splash pad – we even had a friendly little girl come running up trying to “catch” them because she thought they were really flying! She was soon joined by her mom and grandma, who came over to admire our little get-together and 4th of July celebration and swoon over the impressive patriotic decor. How fun!
We’re staying classy this summer! Every girl loves a party: the love; the laughter; the style! MILSPECcouture provides feminine, festive accessories that would make any lady feel couture. Military wife Chelsea opened her Etsy shop after discovering how difficult it was to find cute and patriotic clothing and accessories. She now offers many beautiful items, including branch-specific apparel, to women who want to support their military spouses and loved ones in uniform. What a wonderful way to support our troops and their families! Thank you, Chelsea, and thanks to all those to whom we owe our freedom this 4th of July!
The party’s not over yet! We’ve got a 30th birthday coming up this 4th – what an awesome day to be born! And what better time to celebrate? We’ll be sharing more patriotic inspirations with you soon!